Electrical Safety for You and BEMC
At your Touchstone Energy cooperative, member safety is important to us. Please check out this important safety information to help keep you and your family safe
Power Line Safety
Keep a safe distance. Whether you are playing outdoors with your children or working on landscaping projects, keep a safe distance from power lines and other equipment your co-op uses to get electricity to your home. Always remember to:
- Stay away from power lines, meters, transformers and electrical boxes.
- Don’t climb trees near power lines.
- Never fly kites, remote control airplanes or balloons near power lines.
- If you get something stuck in a power line, call BEMC (800-842-5871) to get it removed.
- Keep a safe distance from overhead power lines when working with ladders or installing objects like antennas.
- Never touch or go near a downed power line. Keep children and pets away!
- Don’t touch anything that may be touching a downed wire, such as a car.