BEMC Scholarship Highway Program
Each year Brunswick Electric awards two (2) scholarships of $5,000 each to high school seniors from Brunswick County and the Columbus County area served by BEMC.
The scholarship awards are based on a combination of academic achievement, participation in community or school-related activities, SAT scores, letters of reference and submission of a 1,500 word essay.
The application deadline is generally in mid-March each year. The essay topic and applications are distributed through high school guidance departments and posted on this website in early December.
The scholarships are open to all high school seniors meeting the following criteria:
1. must be a U.S. Citizen;
2. attend a high school located in Brunswick, Columbus, Bladen or Robeson County;
3. live in a residence receiving electric service from BEMC;
4. must be the dependent of a BEMC member with a permanent primary residence that currently receives electric service from BEMC;
5. have been accepted at an accredited 2-yr community college, 4-yr college, or a vocational / technical school, for full-time status of 12 or more credit hours; and
6. plan to start school in the fall of the award year.
Download the 2019 Scholarship Highway application package.
Application packages will also be available in all high school guidance offices around Dec 10.
Completed applications must be submitted through your guidance counselor.