Billing | Payment
Payment Options to fit your lifestyle – it’s your choice!
1) Automatic Draft by bank or credit card. Set this up by telephone or in person at a BEMC office.
2) Online Payment and Account Info with SmartHub. On your first visit you'll set up a user ID and password to
pay by credit card. Each month after that, simply log on and enter your payment information.
Click Here To Pay Online
3) Pay by phone 24/7 using a credit or debit card: 866-934-6830
4) Bill Payment Terminals (BPTs) are located around the BEMC service area - see list at right. At a BPT you can:
- pay your bill with cash or check - you will need your bill stub
- purchase prepay power with cash only
5) Prepay Power (PowerStat) is a pay-as-you-go metering program - no deposit required and no monthly bill.
You purchase power to fit your budget, using your PowerStat card at a BPT, BEMC office or using the 24/7 number
for credit card purchases. The purchase is automatically transferred to your account and the balance is emailed
to you twice a day. When your balance gets low (starting at 7 days of power remaining) you will get an email alert.
Brochure in English Brochure in Spanish
6) Equalized Billing evens out the seasonal variations in your electric bill so that you pay a standard amount each
month. This may be set up on one of the automated programs above, be paid by credit card authorization by
telephone, or paid by mail or in person.
7) By Mail. Please be sure to allow at least five (5) business days for your payment to reach us.
8) In Person/Night Depository. Another option is to visit one of our three locations - Supply, Whiteville,
or Southport/Oak Island, during business hours of 8AM - 5 PM, Mon-Fri and pay your bill at the counter or
drive-through window or after hours at the night depository.